PLEASE share this information with other science teachers. Print a copy and post in your science office! Download the file and share by e-mail. Invite a colleague to attend a meeting with you.
2020-2021 Calendar of PALS Hub Meetings
Below is a list of our Hub Meetings for this school year. Click on any of the dates to find more information about that particular hub meeting ! Click on the flyer for a particular meeting. Flyers will be added monthly.
Semester 1 – 2020-2021
- Biodiversity of Mueller State Park: Sat., Aug. 22 Full Day [8:15 am – 4:00 pm]. 8.22.2020 PALS Flyer – Biodiversity at Mueller State Park
- Going Viral – Coronavirus Lessons you can share with YOUR students: Wed., Sept. 9 Part Day [4:00 pm – 8:00 pm] *** VIRTUAL *** 9.9.2020 PALS Flyer – Going Viral
- The Discovery of the Rise of the Mammals at Corral Bluffs: Sat, Sept. 26 Part Day [8:00 am – 1:30 pm] 9.26.2020 PALS Flyer – Corral Bluffs
- Brain Matters: How Stress Impacts the Teenage Brain: Sat., Oct. 10 Part Day [8:00 am – 12:00 pm]. *** VIRTUAL *** 10.10.2020 PALS Flyer – Brain Matters – Anxiety and the Teenage Brain
- Brave New Worlds in Learning: Approaching our profession in new ways using best practices in remote & hybrid learning. Wed, Oct. 28 Part Day [4:00 pm – 8:00 pm]. *** VIRTUAL *** 10.28.2020 PALS Flyer – Brave New Worlds
- From the Nile to the Colorado – Hippos and Water Conservation: Sat., Nov 7 Part Day [8:30 am – 12:30 pm] 11.7.2020 PALS Flyer – Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
- Exploring the Science of Caving – Virtual Lessons from CaveSim: Sat., Dec. 5 Part Day [8:00 am – 12:00 noon] *** VIRTUAL *** 12.5.2020 PALS Flyer – Physical Science of Caving
Semester 2 – 2020-2021
- Chemistry of Medicines and Drugs: Sat., Jan. 23 Full Day [8:15 am – 4:00 pm]
- DNA at the Crime Scene and Beyond: Sat., Feb. 13 Full Day [8:00 am – 4:00 pm]
- Incorporating PhET in Your Science Classroom: Wed., Mar. 10 Part Day [4:00 pm – 8:00 pm]
- Physics in the Natural World – Little Shop of Physics: Thurs, April 8 Part Day [4:00 pm – 8:00 pm]
- Operation Montserrat at the Challenger Learning Center: Sat., May 1 Part Day [8:30 am – 12:30 pm]
———- LIABILITY FORM:
Participants in our meetings are required to complete a Liability form PALS 2020-21. If you would like to fill this out in advance and bring the finished form to your first meeting, please do so.
***** NEW – Because of the uncertainty due to the current pandemic and the need to limit the number of our participants, reservations are accepted ONLY for the upcoming hub meeting. You may NOT sign up for the additional workshops at this time.
[EXCEPTION – Because our next 2 hub meetings are so close together, you may sign up for either – or both- on or after Sunday, October 11th.]
Use the form on the right side of this page. We will send an e-mail reminder in advance of each of the workshops and may request that you confirm your participation in advance. If you do not respond to the confirmation request you place may be given to another participant.
PLEASE… Cancel if you cannot attend. Let us know (via our Contact Us page) or by emailing Tammy at RSVP@sciencehubs.org or by calling/texting Tammy at 719-337-1552 (cell) as far in advance as possible, as we may have a waiting list and/or may have to pay in advance for your spot. Several of our hub meetings this year involve paying significant entry fees per person, so we are limiting participation. Reserving a spot and failing to show may cost another educator the opportunity to participate. Please be considerate of your colleagues! *****
———- DOCUMENTATION OF HOURS:
Looking for professional development clock hours or college continuing education credits? If you attend ALL of the sessions this year you could earn 60 contact hours (documented with a certificate) or – for a modest fee – 4 semester hours of continuing education credit from CSM.
Go to the Archives Page for information about previous year’s (2019-2020, 2018-2019, 2017-2018, 2016-2017, 2015-2016) hub meetings.