The Mikkelson Education Fund
We would like to thank The Mikkelson Education Fund and Jim Mikkelson for their continued funding of our PALS Hub meetings. They* are our primary funder, providing more than 80% of our annual costs. We are grateful for their generous support and remain committed to providing quality professional development activities to all school districts in the Pikes Peak region. (* The Mikkelson Foundation provided support for many years to our organization.)
USAFA K-12 STEM Outreach Program
The USAFA K-12 STEM Outreach Program has graciously sponsored teacher materials for PALS Hub Meetings this year (2019-2020) and for the past 2 years (2017-2018, 2018-2019)
Colorado Association of Science Teachers (CAST)
We would also like to thank CAST for their professional development grants which have allowed us to extend PD offerings to regional science teachers. In both 2017 and 2018 they provided funding to assist hub meetings that brought Robert Payo and Tim Blesse from the Denver Musuem of Nature and Science to teach us about Brain-Based Education.
Each year Educational Innovations provides one or more gift certificates for our annual chemistry-related meeting at the USAFA. We appreciate their generosity.
Other than Monetary Donations:
For the 2019-2020 School Year, we want to thank the following schools / districts / organizations for their support of our PALS Hub Meetings:
These schools / districts / organizations provide a location for our meetings at no cost to PALS. Some of them provide low-cost transportation for our field trips. One provides certificates to our participants for their contact hours that they can use towards CDE recertification. Several provided copying services for handouts that were part of our meetings. We cannot thank them enough !
Cheyenne Mountain School District 12:
- CMSD12 Administration arranges for documentation of contact hours for PALS participants.
- Cheyenne Mountain Junior High School hosts Hub Meetings* and provides low cost buses and a departure point** for several of our meetings.
Air Academy School District 20:
- Discovery Canyon Campus hosts several Hub Meetings* and provides low cost buses and a departure point** for one or more field trips.
School District 49:
- Sand Creek High School hosts one or more Hub Meetings.
- USAFA Chemistry Department hosts our annual chemistry Hub Meeting, typically in January.
Anderson, Dude & Lebel, P.C.
Thank you Anderson, Dude & Lebel for their guidance of PALS through obtaining “non-profit” status.