3rd Annual PALS OPEN HOUSE Saturday, July 29, 2023 9:00 am – 11:00 am
International Dance Club @ 2422 Busch Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80904
Drop by anytime ! Stay as long as you like.
HIGHLIGHTS of the PALS OPEN HOUSE:
- PALS will announce its 2023-2024 Program ! Be the first to see what we have in store for the year and sign up for our first meeting of the year.
- Our FIRST hub meeting of the year will be on Friday, August 18th. This workshop, Solar Eclipses, Astrophotography, Space Science, and the Night Sky, will take place up at Florrisant Fossil Beds National Monument. We will leave by bus at 4:30 pm and return around 11:30 pm. You will be able to sign up for this meeting at the 3rd Annual OPEN HOUSE – or via other methods AFTER the OPEN HOUSE.
- Meet other science teachers from the Pikes Peak Region !
- Share a science lesson that is a favorite of yours and/or learn about another teacher’s favorite lesson. Bring 6-10 copies and any associated samples to share. Feel free to send an electronic file of the lesson to [email protected] by Thursday, July 27 and we’ll include them in a goggle folder so others may access them – if that is OK with you.
- We will have tables for sharing science lessons – Middle School Science – Earth & Space Science, Life Science, Physical Science, High School Science – Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Forensic Science, other and Elementary Science if some of our elementary teachers are interested.
- Tie Dye a cloth tote bag.
- Pick out some teacher “Goodies”.
- We’ll have refreshments !
- Also – If you have some science teaching materials that you’d like to pass on to other teachers, feel free to bring them and put them on our ‘freebies’ table(s) – as long as you take your “leftovers” at the end. Let Nancy Hampson ([email protected]) know if you plan to bring ‘freebies’, so we can have adequate space. Consider bringing them a bit early (around 8:30) to ensure most teachers get to check them out.