Our 2023-2024 schedule is now available !
PLEASE sign up for hub meetings using the form on the right of this page… OR by emailing Tammy at [email protected] or by calling/texting Tammy at 719-337-1552 (cell). See below for more information about reservations.
2023-2024 Schedule & Descriptions of PALS Hub Meetings
Here are the calendar (two pages) and descriptions (many pages) of our hub meetings for this school year. You may choose to download either file. Please share this information with any other science teachers in your building, district, and/or your contacts.
———- UPCOMING MEETINGS
These are the PALS Hub Meetings that will take place this school year. All will be IN PERSON. As the year progresses blue links will be included. Click on the blue date for more information or click on the green highlighted link to access the flyer!
Semester ONE –
- July 29, 2023 (Sat) 9 am – 11 am: PALS 2023-2024 Open House 7.29.23 Flyer
- August 18, 2023 (Fri) 4:30 pm – 11:30 pm: Solar Eclipses, Astrophotography, and Observing the Night Sky 8.18.23 Flyer
- September 16, 2023 (Sat) 8:15 am – 3:15 pm: The Science of Healthy Forests. 9.16.23 Flyer
- September 23, 2023 (Sat) 9:00 am – 12:00 pm: Garden of the Gods Geology. 9.23.23 Flyer
- September 26, 2023 (Tues) 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm: Explore before Explain. 9.26.23 Flyer
- October 21, 2023 (Sat) 7:30 am – 4:00 pm: After the Asteroid – Stability and Change at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science. 10.21.23 Flyer
- November 11, 2023 (Sat) 8:30 am – 2:00 pm: Current Teen Drug Landscape – What Teachers Need to Know
———- PALS PARTICIPANT INFORMATION (Liability) FORM:
Participants in our meetings are required to complete a 2023-2024 PALS Information Form . If you would like to fill this out in advance and bring the finished form to your first meeting, please do so.
———- More about RESERVATIONS & CANCELLATIONS:
Registration for one month’s meetings will open on the workday after the first hub meeting of the previous month. When registration is open, use the form on the right side of this page. For some workshops we may send an e-mail reminder to registered teachers in advance of a workshops and may request that you confirm your participation in advance. If you do not respond to the confirmation request your place may be given to another participant.
PLEASE… Cancel if you cannot attend. Let us know (via our Contact Us page) or by emailing Tammy at [email protected] or by calling/texting Tammy at 719-337-1552 (cell) as far in advance as possible, as we may have a waiting list and/or may have to pay in advance for your spot. Several of our hub meetings this year involve paying significant entry fees per person, so we are limiting participation. Late cancellations may cost another educator the opportunity to participate. Please be considerate of your colleagues!
Reserving a spot and failing to show makes planning on the part of our team and our speakers difficult, definitely causes us to spend precious grant money on unused materials and may cost another educator the opportunity to participate. Please be a responsible member of our learning community and cancel in advance if you are unable to attend.
———- DOCUMENTATION OF HOURS:
Looking for professional development clock hours or college continuing education credits? If you attend ALL of the sessions this year you could earn 50 contact hours (documented with a certificate). OR if you choose to pay a modest fee you could earn up to 3.0 semester hours of continuing education credit from CSM.
Need to know more about 2023-2024 Documentation & Credit Information? Click the appropriate file link below.
Thanks to ALL of our funders !
- Mikkelson Education Foundation
- Mikkelson Education Fund / Jim Mikkelson
- D. Furstenau Memorial Donation
Please visit our Sponsors Page for more details !
Go to our Archives Page for information about previous year’s (2022-2023, 2021-2022, 2020-2021, 2019-2020, 2018-2019, 2017-2018, 2016-2017, 2015-2016) hub meetings.