Welcome to PALS: Peak Area Leadership in Science!
PALS facilitates Hub Meetings – free professional development – throughout the school year for Pikes Peak area secondary science teachers. We do welcome other science educators including elementary teachers who teach science and retired secondary science educators on a ‘space available’ basis.
We are ready and excited for the 2021-2022 school year.
2021-2022 Calendar of PALS Hub Meetings
Below is a list of our upcoming Hub Meetings for this school year. If you’d like to view the list in a chart format – by semester, please click the appropriate file link below. Please share this information with any other science teachers in your building, district, and/or your contacts.
———- UPCOMING MEETINGS
Below is a list of the PALS Hub Meetings that will take place this school year. As the year progresses blue links will be included. Click on the blue links to access additional information!
Semester ONE – Upcoming
- Classroom Tool – Thinglink: Wed, Sept 8 Part Day [4 pm – 6 pm] Virtual
- PPII – Implementing and Assessing the NEW Colorado Science Standards: Sat, Sept 25 [8 am – 4 pm] In Person You will need to REGISTER for this workshop separately AT: https://tinyurl.com/PALSPPII
- Fire – A Burning Issue: Sat, Oct 9 Full Day [8 am – 4 pm] In Person
- What can I do with a Physics Degree?: Wed, Oct 27 Part Day [4 pm – 6 pm] Virtual
- Cave Exploration with CaveSim and Cave of the Winds: Sat, Nov 13 Part Day [8 am – 3 pm]
- Anchored Inquiry Learning – Designing Instruction to Explore Complex Phenomenon: Wed, Dec 8 Part Day [4 pm – 6 pm] In Person
Semester ONE – Already Occurred
- Diversity of Life at Cheyenne Mountain State Park: Sat, Aug 28 Full Day [8 am – 4 pm] In Person
- Chemistry of Medicines and Drugs: Sat, Jan 22 Full Day [8 am – 4 pm] In Person
- Using the Olympics to Energize your Science Lessons: Sat, Feb 19 Part Day [9 am – 1:30 pm] In Person
- Dynamic DNA: Sat, Mar 12 Full Day [8 am – 4 pm] In Person
- Organ and Tissue Donation and Transplantation Science: Wed, Apr 6 Part Day [4 pm – 6 pm] Virtual
- Little Shop of Physics – Our Planet Earth: Thur, Apr 21 Part Day [4 pm – 6 pm] In Person
- Minerals and Mining in Colorado: Sat, May 7 Part Day [8 am – 12 pm] In Person
PLEASE… Cancel your reservation if you cannot attend. Let us know (via our Contact Us page) or by emailing Tammy at RSVP@sciencehubs.org or by calling/texting Tammy at 719-337-1552 (cell) as far in advance as possible, as we may have a waiting list and/or may have to pay in advance for your spot. Because of the ever-changing COVID-19 status, we are limiting participation at many of our hub meetings this year. Reserving a spot and failing to show may cost another educator the opportunity to participate. Please be considerate of your colleagues!
———- DOCUMENTATION OF HOURS:
Looking for professional development clock hours or college continuing education credits? If you attend ALL of the sessions this year you could earn 65 contact hours (documented with a certificate). This year we will be handling college credit by semester. If you choose to pay a modest fee you could earn 2 semester hours for semester 1 and potentially 1.5 semester hours for semester 2 of continuing education credit from CSM.
Need to know more about 2021-2022 Documentation & Credit Information? Click the file link below.
———- LIABILITY FORM:
Participants in our meetings are required to complete a Liability form PALS 2021-22. If you would like to fill this out in advance and bring the finished form to your first meeting, please do so. If your first meeting is a virtual meeting, a link to a google form will be provided in an email just before the meeting and again within the meeting.
Thanks to ALL of our funders !
- Mikkelson Education Fund / Jim Mikkelson
- USAFA K-12 STEM Outreach Program
- D. Furstenau Memorial Donation
Please visit our Sponsors Page for more details !
Go to our Archives Page for information about previous year’s (2020-2021, 2019-2020, 2018-2019, 2017-2018, 2016-2017, 2015-2016) hub meetings.