PALS facilitates Hub Meetings – free professional development – throughout the school year for Pikes Peak area secondary science teachers.
Teachers participating in Hub Meetings may earn either university credit hours or professional development clock hours.
Explore the links below to get more information about our 2016-17 Hub Meetings:
- Completed – Saturday, January 28: The Chemistry of Agriculture, Gardening, and… Art – 7.5 contact hours
- Completed – Wednesday, February 15: Science vs. Pseudoscience – 3.75 contact hours
- Completed – Thursday, March 9: Insects & Evolution – 3.75 contact hours
- Completed – Saturday, April 8: SeCO Science Symposium – Best Practices in Science – 7.5 contact hours
- Completed – Saturday, May 6: A Trip to Chico Basin Ranch: bird banding, prairie ecology, and ranching – 7.5 contact hours
- Completed – Saturday, August 27: Using a Formative Assessment Process in Science Classrooms – 3.75 contact hours
- Completed – Saturday, September 17: Faulting and Uplift along the Front Range of the Rockies – 7.5 contact hours
- Completed – Saturday, October 1: The Science of Mining and the Dinosaur Resource Center – 7.5 contact hours
- Completed – Tuesday, November 1: Fall Sky for Beginners – 3.75 contact hours
- Completed – Saturday, December 3: Explorations in Yeast – 7.5 contact hours
Click here to download or print last school year’s 2016-2017 PALS Overview.
Attending a Hub Meeting? Print and complete your liability form ahead of time.