Welcome to PALS: Peak Area Leadership in Science!
PALS facilitates Hub Meetings – free professional development – throughout the school year for Pikes Peak area secondary science teachers.
We are excited to announce our 2019 – 2020 PALS Hub Meetings.
Click here to access and download a copy of the new 2019-2020 PALS Year Overview Chart .
Click this link to learn more about 2019-2020 Documentation & Credit Information.
———- Information about the 2019-2020 School Year
Below is a list of our Hub Meetings for this school year.
Click on any of the dates below to find more information about that particular hub meeting !
If you attend ALL of the sessions this year you could earn a certificate of 60 contact hours or – for a modest fee – 4 semester hours of continuing education credit from CSM.
REGISTER NOW for any or all of the hub meetings for this year by filling out the form on the right of your screen.
———- UPCOMING MEETINGS
- Aug. 24, 2019 – Sat – Exploring Science Processes at the Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument – Full Day – 7.5* contact hrs
- Sept. 18, 2019 – Wed – Waste Water Treatment & Water
Quality with Colorado Springs Utilities – Evening – 3.75* contact hours
- Sept. 28, 2019 – Sat – The Uplift of Mountains – Fault Patterns along the Front Range
- Oct. 19, 2019 – Sat – Life – Pushing the Limits @ DMNS – Full Day – 7.5* contact hrs
- Nov. 9, 2019 – Sat – From the Nile to the Colorado – Hippos and Water Conservation – Half Day – 3.75* contact hrs
- Dec. 7, 2019 – Sat – Building a Culture of Argumentation
in YOUR Science Classroom – Full Day – 7.5* contact hrs
- Jan. 25, 2020 – Sat – Chemistry of Textiles and of Fuels – Full Day – 7.5* contact hrs
- Feb. 11, 2020 – Tues – Mars Connections at the Space Foundation Discovery Center – Evening – 3.75* contact hrs
- Mar. 11, 2020 – Wed – Fascinating Fingerprints – Evening – 3.75* contact hrs
- Apr. 16, 2020 – Thurs – Physics in the Natural World – Little Shop of Physics – Evening – 3.75* contact hrs
- May 2, 2020 – Sat – Cave Exploration with CaveSim and Cave of the Winds – Half Day – 3.75* contact hrs
* NOTE: Actual times for the meetings will exceed the stated contact hours to allow time for breaks, lunch, and/or travel time that is NOT included in contact hours.
———- PAST MEETINGS
———- YEAR OVERVIEW and DESCRIPTIONS
Want MORE details? Click here to access and download a copy of the new
———- LIABILITY FORM
Participants in our meetings are required to complete a Liability Form 2018-2019. If you would like to fill this out in advance and bring the finished form to your first meeting, please do so.
Reservations are accepted on an ongoing basis. Sign up for all of the workshops you’d like to attend when you are ready to commit and mark your calendar. We will send an e-mail reminder in advance of each of the workshops.
PLEASE… Cancel if you cannot attend, let us know (via our Contact Us page) or by emailing Tammy at RSVP@sciencehubs.org or by calling or texting Tammy at 719-337-1552 (cell) as far in advance as possible, as we may have a waiting list and/or may have to pay in advance for your spot. Several of our hub meetings this year involve paying significant entry fees per person, so we are limiting participation. Reserving a spot and failing to show may cost another educator the opportunity to participate. *****
Thanks to ALL of our funders ! Please visit our Sponsors Page for details !
Go to Archives Page for information about previous year’s (2018-2019, 2017-2018, 2016-2017, 2015-2016) hub meetings.