Welcome to PALS: Peak Area Leadership in Science!
PALS facilitates Hub Meetings – free professional development – throughout the school year for Pikes Peak area secondary science teachers.
Click here to see the 2017-2018 Hub Meetings (PALS Overview Chart) updated 12.2017 . Please feel free to download this file, print it, and share it !
Click on the links below to explore this year’s (2017 – 2018) hub meetings:
- February 13, 2018 – Tuesday: Intro to Amateur Ham Radio – 3.75 contact hours
- March 10, 2018 – Saturday: Snow Science for Teachers – 7.5 contact hours
- April 12, 2018 – Thursday: Little Shop of Physics: A Warm Planet in a Cold Universe – 3.75 contact hours
- May 5, 2018 – Saturday: The State of Wolves in Colorado – TBD 3.75 or 7.5 contact hours
- August 26, 2017 – Saturday : Formative Assessment – 3.75 contact hours
- September 23, 2017 – Saturday : Geology as seen in Building Stones, Monuments, and Mountains in Colorado Springs – 7.5 contact hours
- October 14, 2017 – Saturday : Inside the Outdoor Classroom – Pikes Peak Environmental Education Workshop – 7.5 contact hours
- November 4, 2017 – Saturday: Introduction to Brain-based Instruction – 7.5 contact hours
- December 2, 2017 – Saturday: Archery and Firearms Science – 5.5 or 7.5 contact hours
- January 20, 2018 – Saturday: Dazzling Chemistry Demonstrations – 7.5 contact hours
Participants in our meetings are required to complete a Liability form 2017-18. If you would like to fill this out in advance and bring the finished form to your first meeting, please do so.
Major funding provided by the Mikkelson Foundation and by the Mikkelson Education Fund.
Additional support provided for 2017-2018
- Dazzling Chemistry Demonstrations (1/20/17) – printing provided by USAFA STEM OUTREACH
- Inside the Outdoor Classroom – Pikes Peak Environmental Education Workshop (10/14/2017) organized by Southeastern Regional Environmental Education Council of CAEE. This workshop is meeting the goals of the CEEP (Colorado Environmental Education Plan), a document of Colorado Department of Education and Department of Natural Resources.
- Introduction to Brain-based Instruction (11/4/2017) co-sponsored by CAST – Colorado Association of Science Teachers.
Thank you to our partners / sponsors!
*** NEW – Reservations are accepted on a semester basis. Sign up for all of the workshops you’d like to attend at the beginning of the semester and mark your calendar. We will send an e-mail reminder in advance of each of the workshops.
You may sign up for second semester options in December.
PLEASE… if you cannot attend, let us know (via our Contact Us page) or by emailing Tammy at RSVP@sciencehubs.org) as far in advance as possible, as we may have a waiting list and/or may have to pay in advance for your spot. ***
Go to Archives Page for information about previous year’s (2016-2017, 2015-2016) hub meetings.