Welcome to PALS: Peak Area Leadership in Science!
PALS facilitates Hub Meetings – free professional development – throughout the school year for Pikes Peak area secondary science teachers.
Explore the links below to get more information about our 2016-17 Hub Meetings:
- Saturday, December 3: Explorations in Yeast – 7.5 contact hours
- Saturday, January 28: The Chemistry of Agriculture, Gardening, and… Art – 7.5 contact hours
- Wednesday, February 15: Science vs. Pseudoscience – 3.75 contact hours
- Thursday, March 9: Insects & Evolution – 3.75 contact hours
- Saturday, April 8: SeCO Science Symposium – Best Practices in Science – 7.5 contact hours
- Saturday, May 6: A Trip to Chico Basin Ranch: bird banding, prairie ecology, and ranching – 7.5 contact hours
- Completed – Saturday, August 27: Using a Formative Assessment Process in Science Classrooms – 3.75 contact hours
- Completed – Saturday, September 17: Faulting and Uplift along the Front Range of the Rockies – 7.5 contact hours
- Completed – Saturday, October 1: The Science of Mining and the Dinosaur Resource Center – 7.5 contact hours
- Completed – Tuesday, November 1: Fall Sky for Beginners – 3.75 contact hours
Click here to download or print this school year’s 2016-2017 PALS Overview.
Major funding provided by the Mikkelson Foundation.
Additional support provided by CAST and Anderson, Dude & Lebel, P.C..
Thank you to our sponsors!
* Reservations are accepted only one month at a time – typically on or after the previous month’s meeting. PLEASE… if you cannot attend, contact us (via our Contact Us page or by emailing RSVP@sciencehubs.org) as far in advance as possible, as we may have a waiting list and/or may have to pay in advance for your spot.