Little Shop of Physics: Microscopic Models & Macroscopic Consequences
Thursday, November 5 – 4:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. – 0.25 Credits
Little Shop of Physics resource page “The Little Shop of Physics is a traveling hands-on science education program at Colorado State University that presents school programs and teacher workshops in Colorado and neighboring states. The Little Shop of Physics makes science accessible to all students by building hands-on experiment stations out of everyday objects that actively engage students in learning scientific concepts.”
Join us to experience:
- Hands-on work with the Little Shop of Physics experiment stations
- Microscopic Models/Macroscopic Consequences
- Exercises to illustrate how you can use models of atomic/molecular behavior to explain macroscopic effects
- States of Matters
- We all know about solid, liquid and gas – activities will be conducted to illustrate the properties of these different phases.
Don’t miss this opportunity to:
- expand your knowledge of science content, teaching pedagogy, and/or enjoyment of all things science!
- earn college credit or document professional development clock hours.
- network with other Pikes Peak Region science teachers.
- gather teacher materials and/or door prize.
Discovery Canyon Campus High School – 1810 North Gate Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80921
Please share this information with your colleagues. As always, PALS Hub Workshops are free and open to all science teachers in the Pikes Peak region.
Click here to download or print the 1-page PALS November 2015 Flyer.
Attending a Hub Meeting? Print and complete your Liability Form ahead of time.