Taking Time for Technology: Interactive Programming & Using Technology to Enhance Inquiry
Saturday, December 5 – 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. – 0.5 Credits
What you will experience:
- Manta Language: Designed especially for teaching computer programming
- Vernier LabQuest, probeware, & Logger Pro software to organize and analyze data
- Tools to assess inquiry skills – Experimental Design Diagrams & Claim, Evidence, Reasoning
- Your choice of inquiry lab through the eyes of a student:
- Testing Catalase: enzyme lab using O2 Gas Sensor
- Cellular Respiration: using O2 Gas Sensor
- Baking Soda & Vinegar: using temperature, gas pressure, pH, & conductivity probes
*Note: Many of the inquiry labs can be conducted with “old-school” equipment as well!
Don’t miss this opportunity to:
- expand your knowledge of science content, teaching pedagogy, and/or enjoyment of all things science!
- earn college credit or document professional development clock hours.
- network with other Pikes Peak Region science teachers.
- gather teacher materials and/or door prize. (Refreshments provided ☺)
Sand Creek High School – 7005 N Carefree Cir, Colorado Springs, CO 80922
Please share this information with your colleagues. As always, PALS Hub Workshops are free and open to all science teachers in the Pikes Peak region.
Click here to download or print the 1-page PALS December 2015 Flyer.
Attending a Hub Meeting? Print and complete your Liability Form ahead of time.