The Mikkelson Foundation and The Mikkelson Education Fund
We would like to thank The Mikkelson Foundation and The Mikkelson Education Fund for their continued funding of our PALS Hub meetings. We are grateful for their generous support and remain committed to providing quality professional development activities to all school districts in the Pikes Peak region.
USAFA K-12 STEM Outreach Program
The USAFA K-12 STEM Outreach Program has graciously sponsored materials for several of the PALS Hub Meetings this year (2017-2018) and has committed to more funding !
Many thanks for their contribution of printing for the January 2018 Hub Meeting (Dazzling Chemistry Demos) at the USAFA and their generous donation of 60 infrared thermometers for the April 2018 Hub Meeting (Little Shop of Physics) at Discovery Canyon Campus.
Colorado Association of Science Teachers (CAST)
We would also like to thank CAST for their professional development grant which has allowed us to extend PD offerings to regional science teachers. This year, 2017, they provided funding to assist with our October 2017 hub meeting – Introduction to Brain-Based Educatio
Each year Educational Innovations provides one or more gift certificates for our annual chemistry-related meeting at the USAFA. We appreciate their generosity.
Other than Monetary Donations:
For the 2017-2018 School Year, we want to thank the following schools / districts / organizations for their support of our PALS Hub Meetings:
These schools / districts / organizations provide a location for our meetings at no cost to PALS. Some of them provide low-cost transportation for our field trips. One provides certificates to our participants for their contact hours that they can use towards CDE recertification. Several provided copying services for handouts that were part of our meetings. We cannot thank them enough !
Cheyenne Mountain School District 12:
- CMSD12 Administration arranged for documentation of contact hours for PALS participants.
- Cheyenne Mountain Junior High School Science Department provided copying service for some of our workshops.
- Cheyenne Mountain Junior High School hosted a Hub Meeting* and provided low cost buses and a departure point** for several field trips:
- ** Geology as seen in Building Stones, Monuments, and Mountains in Colorado Springs – September 23, 2017
- ** Snow Science Workshop – March 10, 2018
- * & ** The State of Wolves in Colorado – May 5, 2018
Air Academy School District 20:
- Discovery Canyon Campus High School Science Department provided copying service for some of our workshops.
- Discovery Canyon Campus hosted several Hub Meetings* and provided low cost buses and a departure point** for a field trip:
- * Intro to Amateur Ham Radio – February 13, 2018
- * Little Shop of Physics: A Warm Planet in a Cold Universe – April 12, 2018
- ** Inside the Outdoor Classroom – Pikes Peak Environmental Education Workshop – October 14, 2017
School District 49:
- Sand Creek High School hosted several Hub Meetings:
- How Do You Know What They Know? Formative Assessment Strategies – August 26, 2017
- Introduction to Brain-based Instruction – November 4, 2017
- USAFA Chemistry Department hosted our annual chemistry Hub Meeting:
- Dazzling Chemistry Demos! – January 20, 2018
Colorado Parks and Wildlife:
- CPW hosted a Hub Meeting:
- Archery and Firearms Science – December 2, 2017
Anderson, Dude & Lebel, P.C.
Thank you Anderson, Dude & Lebel for their guidance of PALS through obtaining “non-profit” status.