Our mission is to provide Science teachers in the Pikes Peak Region the opportunity to participate in a professional learning community in which they share educational ideas, lesson plans, methods, and materials related to science education. We are dedicated to providing teachers the opportunity to network with their colleagues as well as increase their content knowledge and enjoyment of science related topics through monthly meetings.
Our objectives are to:
- Promote standards-driven instruction with an emphasis on process skills.
- Promote the infusion of technology in learning (technology as a tool).
- Increase student opportunities to experience inquiry-based learning and hands-on activities.
- Promote science literacy that reflects real world problem solving and has social and personal relevance to each student.
- Promote the use of a variety of assessment strategies and the use of assessment data to guide instructional improvement.
- Instill a strong connection between science and mathematics.
History of PALS